LOCATION: Molito Lifestyle Center, Madrigal Avenue corner Commerce Avenue, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
I was craving for cheese and it so happened that a relative of mine drove me and my group to Molito1 in Alabang, on a hot, humid and early evening of May 2019. We were walking leisurely in this spacious and relaxing commercial complex while appreciating the landscape as well as the numerous dining and retail outlets all around. See its Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/MolitoAlabangPH/
There are lots of trees and the well-maintained open space was so refreshing. It was early evening and when it became dark, the lights all around were lit and so beautiful.
At one point, a niece told me that they previously dined at Melt Grilled Cheesery and enjoyed their orders. I thought, great! I can satisfy my craving and it would be interesting to see what cheese dishes they will offer other than the usual cheese sandwich and fondue!
Melt Grilled Cheesery is a cozy, gourmet restaurant that specializes in all things cheese, from appetizers, soups, salads, fondues, pizzas, grilled cheese sandwiches and dishes, pastas and desserts. It also offers hot and cold, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to complement your food orders.
Chef James Torres, the owner of Melt, was inspired by his wife Chessie’s love for cheese.
Here is its menu:
APPETIZERS, SOUPS, SALADS, MELTING POT FONDUE
PIZZAS AND PASTAS
CHEESECAKES, SWEET GRILLED CHEESE, MELTING POT FONDUE
It also has a cute, special, colorful, ring-bound cocktail menu
This Molito branch opened in 2017. Here are its operating hours:
Melt also has an outlet located at the 3/F Uptown Place Mall, 9th Avenue corner 36th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, open from 11 am till 10 pm daily, with mobile contact number 0917-8924377. It opened in 2016. I was told that another branch will open in EDSA Shangri-la sometime 2019.
And now for my dining experience at Melt–Molito:
The entrance is facing the lighted four-tiered tiled waterfall and you cannot miss this restaurant since its name is well-lit as well, and can be seen from afar at night.
It has glass walls so you can satisfy your curiosity and look at the interiors, especially its high ceiling.
We were warmly greeted by smiling wait staff, and led to a table with a combination of cushioned seats and comfortable wooden seats with good back rests. There are round tables with yellow upholstered chairs for four, or rectangular tables for 6-8.
I wonder why the chairs with the round table are yellow? LOL
The spacious and cozy dining area is U-shaped, with a long middle portion featuring a marble counter with bar stools.
To the bar’s left is the entrance to the unisex rest room which is well-maintained and well-stocked.
The interior temperature was just right, even on a hot and humid early evening. The wait staff was very professional and cheerful, and expertly suggested options.
Deciding what to order with companions on a no-sugar, low-carb diet was difficult, until we all decided to cheat for that dinner. Yes!
We ordered the following and found them Instagram-worthy:
1.TRUFFLE CHEESE FRIES (PHP290) – This is a favorite of my 7-year-old grandson. After tasting it, it is also my favorite.What with its melted mozzarella, cheddar cheese and truffles, served with bacon bits and sour cream? Quite a satisfying appetizer!
2. MELTING POT FONDUE (PHP485) – Of course, we had to order Melt’s house blend of melted cheese, served in a heated pot, with grilled sausages and chicken. The cheese was so creamy, and with the grilled meat, was a winner! NOTE: My niece requested the regular order of gnocchi and marbled potatoes to be replaced with grilled chicken, and it was! See how they are very accommodating? Our verdict: it was delicious!
3. BACON MAC & GRILLED CHEESE (PHP395) – This grilled cheese was definitely a treat for us. The maple-glazed bacon strips and 3-cheese mac and cheese were sandwiched between slices of grilled-smoked and buttered sourdough bread, that, when drizzled with maple syrup, was so good! The sweet potatoes were crispy, and along with the sandwich, resulted in a very satisfying dish.
Mouthwatering, generous, overflowing melted cheese
4. WINEY CHICK (PHP380) – This grilled paprika chicken dish has pesto mashed sweet potato with melted mozzarella, string beans, and wine-infused demi-glaze. The tender chicken, with all the different tastes and textures, was enjoyable.
The men in my group ordered San Miguel Pale Pilsen (PHP90) and San Miguel Light (PHP90), and the drinks were served well-chilled.
I looked around the table while waiting for our orders. I noticed a small square box of MEALTIME PRAYERS. This is great for religious customers, or perhaps, for a family with kids. A kid who is able to read could be asked to choose a prayer and read it for all to hear before eating. Nice touch for families with kids!
Melt also offers something for those on a date. It has CHEESY DATE QUESTIONS you can ask each other while waiting for your orders. Cheesy indeed!
My group wanted the dessert in the nearby restaurant called Souv!2 – the Crumbled Baklava Frozen Greek Yogurt and Wildflower Honey Frozen Greek Yogurt (PHP165 each).
We asked the wait staff if this was possible and you know what? They easily complied, hurriedly went next door to Souv2, brought the menu card for us to see, got our orders, and after a while, served our orders, and got our payment. Now that is genuine pampering! Thanks to the wait staff of Melt!
Here is our verdict re Souv’s frozen Greek yogurt: The orders were served in a paper coffee cup, which reminds me of the classic New York cup.
We loved the Crumbled Baklava Frozen Greek Yogurt. It was SOUV-ery satisfying with its combination of textures and flavors. The Wildflower Honey version was SOUV-ery creamy and just right in terms of sweetness.
The service is definitely very good in Melt–Molito. The orders are served at the right temperature and as promised (I asked how long the wait would be and they did serve on time thereafter).
Some people might find this restaurant pricey so, dearest Seniors, do not forget to bring your Senior Citizen IDs. Please check prices with the restaurant before visiting this restaurant.
Cheese is like a comfort food for me so this is definitely a cheat meal, but was guilt-free. Melt made our tummies happy!
So, cheese lovers, especially for those going on a date, why not indulge in this restaurant?
I will come back and try their other cheesey and interesting offerings, on another cheat day, like The Big Buff, Burrata!, Butternut Squash Soup, Good Morning Chorizo, Angus and Cheese, Pot Roast Cheese Toast, Risotto Balls, Truffle Pasta, Chocolate Chip Oreo Cheesecake, and Dulce de LeCheese.
This is not a sponsored post. I paid for my visit in this restaurant.
Did you find this post informative? Did you also dine in Melt-Molito? I would like to hear from you. Simply scroll to “Leave a Reply” and enter your comment in the box. Please scroll and click the “Like” tab and “Facebook” to share this post. Do not forget to follow me by clicking “Follow” on the lower right corner of your device.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
1Molito Commercial Complex is a lifestyle center located in the heart of suburban Alabang, at Madrigal Avenue corner Commerce Avenue, in Muntinlupa City. It opened sometime 2017 and offers spacious relaxing ambiance and layout to chill with family and friends, especially at the end of a stressful workday. It hasa refreshing water fountain area, trees and greenery, al fresco tables and chairs, and hassle-free parking. There are so many establishments to choose from:
Dining Establishments (cuisine/specialty)
- Brera Delicatessen (European, American)
- Bungalow Café (coffee)
- BurgerGeek (Burgers + Sides + Shakes)
- Canton Club (Chinese)
- Chairman Wang’s Prime Beef Noodle House (Chinese)
- Chichario Peri Peri (Latin American)
- Chow King (Chinese fastfood)
- DBCafé by Designer Blooms (coffee)
- Designer Blooms Café (Asian, coffee)
- El Cocinero (Mediterranean, Italian, Spanish)
- Exchange Alley Coffee House (coffee)
- Fiftea (beverage shop, tea)
- Frankie’s New York Buffalo Wings (American)
- Group & Boiler Coffee Co. (coffee)
- Hen Lin (Chinese, dimsum)
- Jollibee (sandwiches, chicken, fastfood)
- Just Thai (Thai)
- McDonald’s Desserts (ice cream)
- Manam (Filipino, coffee)
- Mang Inasal
- Melt Grilled Cheesery (American)
- Miyazaki (Japanese)
- Park’s Bread & Cake (bakery, café)
- Nana & Co. (European, desserts, ice cream)
- Nathaniel’s (buko pandan, bakery, desserts, Filipino)
- Omakase (Japanese, sushi)
- Ooma (Japanese, sushi)
- Pancake House (American)
- Paper Moon Tokyo (café, bakery)
- Parmigiano Pizzeria Ristorante (Italian)
- Pepi Cubano (sandwiches)
- Ramen Yushoken (Japanese, ramen)
- Recovery Food (Filipino)
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (desserts, coffee)
- Souv! By Cyma (Greek, healthy food)
- Starbucks (coffee)
- Thomson Road Chinese Bistro (Chinese)
- Torch (Italian, American, Spanish, ribs and steaks)
- Un Cuenca (Spanish)
- Wooden Horse (steak)
- Yoree Korean Barbeque Dining (Koran, barbecue)
- Yushoken Ramen (Japanese, ramen)
- Zubu Chon (Cebu lechon, Filipino)
Bars and Drinks Shops (specialty)
- Barcino Wine Resto Bar (Spanish, bar)
- Draft Gastropub and European Food (American, Asian, European, bar)
- Perfect Pint (Filipino, Italian, Spanish, bar)
- Ralph’s Wines & Spirits (wine bar, international)
- Bank of Commerce
- Citibank (ATM)
- HSBC, Metrobank
- Robinsons Bank
- Security Bank
- Acts Manila (ballet, dance and music school)
- Alter Station (garments alteration)
- Cebuana Lhuillier (pawnshop)
- CopyTown (xerox, printing and digital services)
- Eye Level (learning center)
- Galerie Roberto (art gallery)
- Gran Trail Cycles (bicycle shop)
- Habitat Crossfit (fitness gym)
- Kumon (learning center)
- Philam Life (insurance company)
- Puregood (supermarket)
- Re/Max Real Estate Associates (real estate)
- Santis Delicatessen (deli store)
- 7-Eleven(convenience store)
- Sip & Gogh (paint and sip studio)
- Smart (mobile network)
- TechnoPop! (cell phone accessory store)
- The Playground (sporting goods store)
- Titan(basketball specialty store)
- Tokyo Healthlink (medical and diagnostic center)
Contact information: (02) 808-6401; Website: www.molito.com.ph for the map, layout of the establishments, promos and events, features and contact page; Instagram: #MolitoLifestyleCenter; FB/Twitter:MolitoAlabangPH; Tumblr: molitolifestylealabang
2Souv! is a Greek restaurant which specializes in spit-fired meat, and a member of the Cyma restaurant group of Chef Robby Goco. The term is short for “souvlaki”, grilled Greek skewered meats.